Friday, August 16, 2013

Fresh Starts!!

It's that time of year again!!! We get the email that lets us know when we can get into our classrooms and change this:
                                         

Into something like this:

from the door
reading center


Here are some of my favorite things:

Each week I will share a new fun fact. My students can also "pay" to share their own favorite fun fact!

Wall of Knowledge: after we finish a topic or unit I will add a smaller anchor chart to our wall of knowledge so they can refer back to it as needed. It looks empty now but by the end of the year it is over flowing!!
Above my horseshoe/reading table I have reading goals posted. They are the ones found in Cafe. I do a version of Cafe and so I hang all the goals up there so that as we meet and talk they, and I, can refer to them and pick one!!
My technology center. A computer on each side and a stack of 2 ipads in the middle. I also have laminated bookmarks they can use to access website with usernames and passwords. I have earbuds in small Velcro pouches and styluses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment